What to do?
12:23 pm Paragliding
I have not written too much lately, the reason is I’m busy.
Two days ago I had the first flight of the year! That was amazing good; I flew until I got cold and when I had to pack all stuff after flight test session. The test pilots let me fly the last flight of the day and it was still thermal. I was almost 200 meter above winter take-off, but mostly I stayed lower. Olivier Nef from Niviuk was there and he borrowed me Hook 2 (which is almost ready for certification). It is great glider and easy handling in same time super stable. I just loved to thermalling with it; I guess it will be very popular for many pilots.
New equipments For xmas I got new harness, Kortel Kamasutra II. I had a hard decision to make if I wanted Kamasutra II or Kanibal Race. In the end I choose Kamasutra because I can easily change between 2 flying position in the air. Then I had to decide if I wanted Kocon or not. I couldn’t decide, so I bought Kocon as well. I also bought new rescue parachute, SOS Micro light. My old equipment: Harness Sup’Air Evo 4.9 kg and Calipt’air rescue 1.9 kg (total weight= 6.8kg). My new harness Kamasutra II (without Kocon) 5.3 kg and Micro light rescue 1.2 kg (total weight = 6.5 kg!!!). I am saving 300 grams, fantastic.
Right after xmas I tried Kamasutra II in Verbier in real flight. It was very comfortable and easy to change flying position, but not so easy to use speedbar with huge winter-shoes. I didn’t fly with Kocon, I will wait a little before I do.
Another hard decision to make is if I want to go to Chabre Open or Nordic Open. I can’t effort both competitions. Chabre is super nice and a lot of fun flying, while Nordic Open I have the chance to meet “Norwegian flying friends” and to fly in Norway again. Alain will also join me, but for Nordic Open he doesn’t have priorities to participate (he is not Nordic) and for this moment Nordic seems very popular. We have to wait until 15th of March to see if he can participate. BUT in end of January we have to say “yes” or “no” to Chabre. And if we say no to Chabre and Alain can not participate in Nordic, then we will not go anywhere...Shit, it is too many and difficult decisions to make.
|« Mamma Mia||Flying in 2009 »|